- 2nd or early 3rd C. AD, Roma
- Müze Envanter No.
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Berlin 1077
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Heykelin Türü
- Hayvan, Alet veya Teçhizatı
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- From Sardis, presented to Berlin museum by H. Spiegelthal.
Roaring lion supports a moulded plinth with inscription:
The inscription may refer to erotes or satyrs who carry off jars and food. The piece may have stood against a wall, supporting a shelf.
Lower end of claw foot missing.
- H. 0.67; W. 0.24; Th. 0.22; H. of letters 0.02.
- Ayrıca bakınız
- Published:, 426, no. 1077. Sardis VII, 150f., no. 192, fig. 179, from which the translation is taken.