- Year 234 (Sullan era = 149/50 AD; Actian era = 203/4 AD)., Roma
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Stel, Yazıt
- Yazıt Turu
- Ölüyle ilgili Yazıt
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
Ἔτους σλδ´, μη(νὸς) Δύσ- leaf τρου κ´· Αὐρήλιος relief τῷ πατρὶ Εὐαρέστῳ, Ὡραί- 4 α τῷ ἀνδρί, Κλ. Εὔτυχος τῷ φίλῳ, Μηνογένης τῷ ἀδελ- φῷ κατεσκεύασαν τὸ μνη- μεῖον καὶ οἱ συνγενεῖς ἐτεί- 8 μησαν. vvv Χαῖρε. leaf Ὃς ἂν τούτῳ τῷ μνημείῳ ἐπι- χειρήσει, μηδὲ γάμους τελέσει μηδὲ τέκνων θαλάμους.
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- “In the year 234, on the twentieth day of the month Dystros, Aurelius had the tomb built for his father Euarestos, Horaia for her husband, Cl(audius) Eutychos for his friend, (and) Menogenes for his brother, and the relatives have given him the (last) honor. Farewell! Whoever makes an attempt on this tomb shall neither accomplish marriage nor wedding (‘bride-chambers’) of his children.”
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Bin Tepe
- Alan (Sektör)
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- Reportedly from Bin Tepe; the style of the stele (leaves in the corners of the pediment) and the funerary formula are similar to those from northeastern Lydia.
Stele of local white marble; the pediment and tenon are damaged. Below the pediment there is a relief showing a wreath in the middle and pillar-like objects a bit below, on the right and left. Three-bar lunate sigma in ll. 1–2; Σ in ll. 3–11.
- H. 0.99, max. W. 0.50, max. Th. 0.10, H. of letters 0.025–0.02.
1 ἔτους σλδ´: probably Sullan rather than the Actian era; cf. no. 461, 10 comm.
2 “Aurelius” serves here as a full name.
3 A Κλαυδία Ὡραία (“youthful,” see LSJ s.v. ὡραῖος iii 2) is attested in Sardis VII 1, no. 43.
9–11 In the funerary imprecation from Blaundos, Strubbe, ΑΡΑΙ, no. 243 = F. von Saldern, in Blaundos, ed. A. Filges (2006 = IstForsch 48), pp. 341–42, no. 33c, “the wish that the disturber of the grave should not have a wife is linked with the wish that he should not have children” (J. Strubbe in his commentary; amongst his material there does not seem to be a closer parallel to the present curse).
9–10 The form ἐπιχειρήσει corresponds to aorist subjunctive -σῃ, cf. no. 673, 3–4 comm.
10–11 μηδέ – μηδέ in the sense of μήτε – μήτε.
- Ayrıca bakınız