- Year 240 Sullan era = 155/56 AD (Actian era = 209/10 AD)., Roma
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Yazıt Turu
- Ölüyle ilgili Yazıt
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
Ἔτους σμ´, μη(νὸς) Περει- τίου θι´· Σκόπελα Με- νεκράτην τὸν υεἱόν, 4 Σκοπελιανὸς τὸν ἀδελ- φὸν καὶ οἱ συνγενεῖς ἐτείμησαν. Χαῖρε.
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- “In the year 240, the nineteenth(?) of the month Peritios. Skopela to her son Menekrates, Skopelianos to his brother, and the relatives have given the (last) honor. Farewell!”
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- East of the Gygaean Lake (exact provenance unknown; H. Malay: from Daldis [Kale]).
Tabula ansata of white marble.
- H. 0.47, W. 0.65, Th. 0.11, H. of letters 0.02.
1 ἔτους σμ´(bars above ΣΣ instead of above ΣΜ): year 240 is given probably according to the Sullan rather than the Actian era; cf. no. 461, 10 comm.
2 θι´: a bar only above the Θ. It cannot be excluded that only Θ was a cipher (9), and the following letter was a prothetic iota: Ἰσκόπελα. - Σκόπελα (as it seems, unparalleled): the name of Menekrates’s brother, Skopelianos (apparently the same mother’s son), belongs to the same root.
3 υεἱόν: itacistic = υἱόν, cf. l. 1 Περειτ- instead of Περιτ- and l. 6 ἐτείμ- instead of ἐτίμ-.
4 Σκοπελιανός: the rare name (IGBulg III 1302) was borne by the famous sophist from Klazomenai, about 100 AD; Philostr., v. soph. 1, 21. PStrassb. 255 has the hypocoristic form Σκοπελᾶς of names belonging to that root. - ΑΔΕΛ: the E is corrected from Θ. The Λ was written on the molding of the tabula ansata in order to follow syllabic division.
- Ayrıca bakınız