- Hardly before the last quarter of the 4th century AD (Ameling); cf. no. 486 on Synagogue dating., Roma
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Yazıt Turu
- Dini Yazıt
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
Πηγάσιος, βουλ., χρυσο[χό]- ος, μετὰ τῆς συνβείου εὐ- χὴν ἀπ[έδ]ωκα. leaf, bird
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- “Pegasios, councilor, goldsmith, with my wife I repaid a vow” (Kroll).
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Alan (Sektör)
- RT 62
- Syn MH Above Floor
- E80 - E85 / N18 *96.60
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- Synagogue, Main Hall, Bay 6, north wall.
Two joining panels of wall revetment of white marble; broken in fragments, some of which are missing.
- H. 0.40, W. 1.17, H. of letters 0.06–0.07.
1 For the name Πηγάσιος Robert refers to his Hellenica XI–XII (1960), p. 224, and J. and L. Robert, BE 1962, 273. - “For goldsmiths as relatively well-to-do craftsmen and, occasionally, as members of the council,” SEG 51 refers, e.g., to SEG 36, 970; SEG 37, 843; SEG 41, 1840; and SEG 45, 1608–1611; see also Ameling’s commentary.
1–3 [ὁ δεῖνα β]ουλ. χρυσο[χόος / μετὰ τῆ]ς συνβείου Εὐ[ - - ἔδ]ωκα Robert.
2–3 εὐχὴν ἀπ[έδ]ωκα: this expression is not infrequent in pagan “confession inscriptions” and other dedications, see nos. 457, 3–4 and 461, 5–6.
- Ayrıca bakınız
- Partial edition: L. Robert, Nouv. inscr. Sard. I, pp. 54–55, no. 13, pl. VII. Full edition: Kroll, “Inscr. Synagogue,” p. 28, no. 25, with further references; and p. 80, fig. 27 (Ameling, Inscr. Jud. Or. II, pp. 258–59, no. 86, with further references; SEG 51, 1643).