- 160/61 AD? (see no. 461, 10)., Roma
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Stel, Yazıt
- Yazıt Turu
- Dini Yazıt
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
[Μην]ὶ Ἀξιοτηνῷ Ἐ[πα]- [φρόδ]ειτος οἰκο̣[νό]- [μος ]
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- “To Men Axiotenos the steward E[paphrod]eitos - - - .”
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Alan (Sektör)
- HoB 59
- E30 / S70 floor *97.64
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- House of Bronzes, Area 5 pavement.
Fragment of a stele of white marble, reused as part of table-leg pedestal. The original thickness is only preserved in a circular surface that served as a column’s base when the stone was cut and reused. In that location, the remains of two inscribed lines are preserved with a crescent above them.
- H. 0.24, W. 0.33, Th. 0.05, H. of letters 0.016–0.018.
1 Ligature HN.
2–3 “Epaphrodeitos könnte Sklave oder Freigelassener gewesen sein” (Herrmann, ms., with reference, for οἰκονόμος, to L. Robert, Nouv. inscr. Sard. I, p. 34 n. 1; BCH 102 , p. 429 n. 13 [= Doc. d’Asie Min., p. 125]).
As Robert envisaged, this inscription may find its continuation in no. 461 (Lane and de Hoz agree). In my publication of no. 461 (Petzl, Beichtinschriften, no. 101) I have pointed out that there are differences between the two fragments in the shape of the letters—in particular Ω—and in the smoothing of the surface. But Herrmann thinks that they are due to the different states of preservation and accepts Robert’s suggestion as probable.
- Ayrıca bakınız
- L. Robert, Nouv. inscr. Sard. I, pp. 33–34, no. 3, pl. III 2 (Lane, CMRDM I, p. 53, no. 80, 1–3; De Hoz, Kulte, p. 226, no. 39.43, 1–3); Herrmann, ms.