- 1st century BC? (letter shape)., Hellenistik
- Manisa, Arkeoloji ve Etnografya Müzesi
- Müze Envanter No.
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Manisa (M14 No. 324)
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Stel, Yazıt
- Yazıt Turu
- Onurlandıran Yazıt
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
(a) [Οἱ κατοικοῦν]τες ἐν Κορισπισσοις 2 [ -ν]ασσαν Μενεκ̣[- ] (b) Οἱ κατοικ̣ο̣ῦ̣ν̣τ̣ε̣ς̣[ἐ]ν̣ [Κ]ο̣- ρισπισσ̣ο̣ι̣ς̣ ἐ̣τ̣[ε]ίμησαν Μηνόφαντον Μηνογέ- 4 νους χρυσῷ στεφάνῳ διὰ γένους.
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- (a) “Those dwelling in Korispissa (-oi) [have honored - -n]assa, (daughter of) Menek[- - - ].”
(b) “Those dwelling in Korispissa (-oi) have honored] Menophantos, son of Menogenes, and his posterity with a golden wreath.”
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- From a tomb in Ahmetli.
Partly damaged stele of white marble with pediment; broken into two pieces, pediment and shaft. The pediment is decorated with acroteria and rosettes. The lower portion of the shaft is broken off. On the shaft are depicted two wreaths, each in a quadrangular recess, one below the other. Between the two fields stands the more recent(?) inscription (b), which is rather worn. Below the lower field are the remains of the earlier(?) inscription (a).
- Sum of H. 0.56 + 0.85 = 1.41, max. W. 0.57, Th. 0.18, H. of letters 0.023.
(a) 1 and (b) 1–2 The toponym was either masculine (οἱ Κορισπισσοι) or neuter (τὰ Κορισπισσα).
2 A female name like Ἄνασσα, Ἀγαθάνασσα, etc. or—with contraction—Ἑρμώνασσα, etc.
(b) 3 Μηνόφαντον Μηνογένους: probably identical with the priest of Zeus in no. 303; cf. no. 588,b1–3 (first century BC or first century AD?): Ἐπὶ στεφανηφόρου Μηνογένης Μηνοφάντου Ἀλέξανδρος.
- Ayrıca bakınız
- Unpublished; copied, read, and photographed by H. Malay in 2004 and 2008.