- ca. 150 BC., Hellenistik
- Bergama Müzesi, 2.3.93
- Müze Envanter No.
- Sardeis veya Müze Env. No.
- Bergama 2.3.93
- Mermer, Taş
- Eserin Türü
- Stel, Yazıt
- Yazıt Turu
- Mektupları, Kararları, Dilekçeleri, Abonelikleri, ve Onurlandıran Metinleri İçeren Dosya veya Mektup
- Yazıt Dili
- Yazıt Metni
Ἐπὶ Εὐθυδήμου ἀρχιερέως καὶ ἱερέως Καδοου Πληρι· Εὐθυδ- ήμωι ἀρχιερεῖ ὑπόμνημα πα- 4 ρὰ Καδοου ἱερέως τοῦ ἐν Πλευ- ροις Ἀπόλλωνος, ἔχοντος τὴν ἱερητήαν ἐκ πλείονος χρόνου· ἠξ[ί]- ωσα πρότερον ἐπ᾿ Ἀντιόχου τοῦ 8 βασιλέως Νικάνορα τὸν ἀρχιερ[έ]- α, ἵνα στήσω στήλην ἐν τῶι ἱερῶι, κατατάξαντός μου τὸ ἐκείνου ὄνομα καὶ τὸ ἐμὸν καὶ τῶν μυ[στ]- 12 ῶν, καὶ νῦν ἀξιῶ σ᾿, εἰ φαίνετα[ι], συντάξαι γράψαι Ἀσκληπιάδ[ηι] τῶι οἰκονόμωι, ἵνα παραδείξῃ μοι τόπον, ἐν ᾧ σ[τ]ήσω τὴν στήλην, 16 ἐν ᾗ κατατάξω τό τε σὸν ὄνομα καὶ τὸ ἐμὸν καὶ τῶν μυστῶν. Διόφαντος Ἀττίνᾳ· τῆς γραφ[εί]- σης μοι ἐπιστολῆς παρὰ Εὐθυδή- 20 μου τοῦ ἀρχιερέως ὑποτέταχά σοι τὸ ἀντίγραφον. Εὐθύδημος Ἀ- σκληπιάδῃ· τοῦ ἀναδοθέντος μου ὑπομνήματος παρὰ Καδ- 24 οου ἱερήως τοῦ ἐν Πλευροις Ἀπόλλωνος - γενέσθω αὐτῶ- ι καθάπερ ἠξίωσεν. Μενεκράτης Ἑρμογένου, 28 Μητρόδωρος Μιθρείους - - - - - - -
- Yazıt Çevirisi
- “When Euthydemos was high-priest, and Kadoas, son of Pleri, was priest. Memorandum to Euthydemos the high-priest from (4) Kadoas, the long-standing priest of Apollon in Pleura (/-oi): I earlier asked, under Antiochos the (8) king, Nikanor the high-priest for permission to put up in the shrine a stele on which I should record his name and mine and that of the initiates (mystai), (12) and now I ask you, if it seems appropriate, to give the order to write to Asklepiades the oikonomos to give me a place in which I may set up the stele (16) on which I may record your name and mine and that of the initiates. Diophantos to Attinas: I have joined the copy of the letter written by me, acting for Euthydemos, (20) the high-priest. Euthydemos to Asklepiades: concerning the memorandum given to me from Kadoas (24) the priest of Apollon in Pleura (/-oi): Let it be for him as he asks. –Menekrates, son of Hermogenes; (28) Metrodoros, son of Mithres [- - -].”
- Yazıt Yorumu
- Bulunduğu Yeri
- From Yeniköy (formerly [Hacı-] Hasankıranı, north of the Gygaean Lake, 5 km from Kemerdamları, the findspot of no. 323); nos. 317, 323, and 441 probably originate from the same sanctuary whose exact location has not yet been determined.
“Marble stele with molding at top”. “Above the inscription is depicted an olive branch [see the lemma of no. 323]. Lower part of the stone is missing” (Malay and Nalbantoğlu).
- H. 0.82, W. 0.36, Th. 0.11, H. of letters 0.01.
For details see the commentaries of the authors mentioned in the lemma.
2 Καδοου Πληρι (cf. no. 323, 8 Καδοας Πλυηρει): see no. 323, 2–3 comm.
6 ff. Kadoas had first directed his request to Nikanor, the “high-priest of all the sanctuaries in the region beyond the Taurus” under Antiochos III (H. Malay, EpAnat 10 , p. 8 [SEG 37, 1010; Ma, Antiochos III, pp. 288–92, no. 4], ll. 29–31); Nikanor is known from a number of inscriptions. After cis-Tauric Asia Minor had been given by the Romans to the Attalids (189/88 BC), Kadoas renewed his request with Nikanor’s successor as high-priest, Euthydemos.
12–13 Ma’s punctuation and interpretation (εἰ φαίνετα[ι] συντάξαι, γράψαι), accepted by Müller and Herrmann, is to be refused (Buraselis [see ll. 18–21 comm.], p. 131, with nn. 21–22).
13–14 Ἀσκληπιάδ[ηι] τῶι οἰκονόμωι: P. Thonemann, EpAnat 36 (2003), pp. 103–4 had tentatively identified the present Asklepiades with Ἀσκληπίδης Θεοφίλου Περγαμηνὸς σ[υν]τεθραμμένος Ἀττάλωι τῶι τοῦ βασιλέως ἀδελφῶι, honored in a decree from Kadıköy (SEG 49, 1540); id., “The Attalid State, 188–133 BC” (in Attalid Asia Minor…, ed. P. Thonemann , pp. 1–48), p. 9 n. 17, has withdrawn this suggestion; see also N. Kaye and R. Souza, EpAnat 46 (2013), p. 98, with nn. 22–23.
14 παραδείξῃ: the E was added later above the line.
18–21 K. Buraselis, “Amtliche Korrespondenz und Macht der Untergeordneten,” in Epigraphica. Atti…in memoria di Margherita Guarducci…, ed. M. L. Lazzarini et al. (2003), pp. 127–33 (summarized in SEG 53, 1351) focuses on the explanation of this passage. He shows that Diophantos wrote the letter as a subaltern functionary of Euthydemos and sent a copy of it to Attinas, who was a subaltern functionary of Asklepiades.
18 For the name Ἀττίνας (particularly frequent in the Aiolis), see Zgusta, Kleinas. Personennamen § 119–20 (Ἀττινᾶς); L. Robert, Noms indig., p. 211; LGPN VA, s.v.
23 μου instead of μοι.
28 Μητρόδωρος Μιθρείους (Herrmann, in accordance with the stone; Μιθρέους edd.): probably identical with the Μητρόδωρος Μιθρήους of no. 323, 8–9.
- Ayrıca bakınız
- H. Malay and C. Nalbantoğlu, Arkeoloji Dergisi 4 (1996), pp. 75–79, no. 1, pl. XVI, fig. 1 (SEG 46, 1519; Ma, Antiochos III, pp. 371–72, no. 49, with translation and notes; De Hoz, Kulte, pp. 161–62, no. 5.26a; H. Müller, Chiron 30 , pp. 520–21; Dignas, Economy, pp. 50–56; P. Herrmann, “Apollon de Pleura…” (in L’hellénisme d’époque romaine…, ed. S. Follet (2004), pp. 277–86 [= Herrmann, Ausgew. Schriften, pp. 237–46]), pp. 279–84, no. 2 [= Herrmann, Ausgew. Schriften, pp. 239–44]; Harland, Assoc. II, pp. 214–20, no. 121).